Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Why I coupon

I've been retired 5 years now, and making ends meet takes a little work.  Couponing has helped me stretch my money further.  I shop a LOT at Publix - I love Publix - it is always clean and fully stocked  - 99% of the cashiers are friendly and helpful. I take mom shopping every Sunday and she gets annoyed if I follow her around, so I set up my binder and work a few deals while I'm there. Publix has store coupons that can be stacked with manufacturer's and if something is on sale - I've gotten some awesome deals. One this week - Mento's gum - is BOGO - (save 3.29) well you can use a coupon on each - so I have 2 - $1 off coupons - so 2 - 50 pks of gum will be 1.29 - how great is that :)
So, from time to time I check up on mom and pull out any coupons for the stuff in her cart.But sometimes I miss knowing about a BOGO item, as the cashier it ringing mom up, she/he will say Oh this is BOGO and will ask the bagger to go get another item for mom. Now that is great service!
My daughter and 2 daughter in laws have now started couponing also.  We try to get together Sundays to go thru the sales ads, clip the inserts and match the coupons to the things we are getting from the ads.  It is exciting for me to see them save money and very helpful because they tell me of some of the deals I have missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment