Monday, August 8, 2011

Birthday Week, can't wait for Social Security

Yesterday started my Birthday week - soon I will be 57 and only 5 more years until I can apply for Social Security.  I think that if the politicians change the rules of SS - they should be willing to support the senior citizens personally.
So I know this might not be popular, but anyone that knows me, knows I say what is on my mind.  Why in the hell are they building a spaceship that costs billions of dollars to go to somewhere we have already been?  We've been there, can't live there, and unless they are planning on sending all child molesters and murderers to orbit the moon forever I see no reason to waste "our" money.
Many seniors can't even buy food - I have to help my mom buy her groceries - how do you look at an 84 year old lady and say sorry your SS money is gone this month you can't buy that.
So I know some will say - well you are going to take SS early - so "I" am also placing the burden on the system !  I have worked since I was 14, I didn't have the choice of not paying into Social Security.  My family is living off my husbands off/on job.  Sometimes he works 8 hours sometimes 40 in a week - it is random. So I withdraw money from my 401K to pay the monthly bills (electric, water, gas, gas for car and food).
Our savings plummeted with the economy!  We are thankful that we paid off our house and own it free/clear.
I guess I should start writing the Florida Representatives as they prepare to sheer off our debt. I'm thinking Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman should be appointed to that committee also. 
That's it for now



No comments:

Post a Comment