Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stockpiling

Thru my couponing, I've been able to build a little stockpile of FUI (frequently used items). For us, Charmin toilet paper, paper towels, Safeguard soap, Ivory soap, razors, shave cream, Dawn dish soap, toothpaste and All laundry soap.  I know it sounds like "brand snob" but allergies have determined what products I can use. As for the Charmin, I like it best so I get that!!  I really don't stock up too much food, I've really not mastered rotation so it doesn't expire - there are food items that I'll get if on sale and I have coupons ...and it is a product I use!  As for an Extreme stockpile - I don't have one.
We live in a tiny house, and had to really pull out some creative ideas to store the tp and paper towels. I have a tiny hallway - with 3 doors - bedroom and little closet opposite of each other and bathroom on one side - so my husband measured and cut a board and we have it above the door frames - so it is supported on 3 sides - I intend to paint the bottom of the board white so it blends in with ceiling, but for now - my stockpile is out of the way.
In the little closet are small clear totes with lids to store the razors. I found one of these at goodwill http://www.organizeit.com/large-expandable-wire-shelf.asp?cmpid=SLI.  I stack washcloths under it and toothpaste and shave cream on the top shelf - along with the triple antibiotic cream from Dollar Tree. Yes, dollar tree, works just as well as neosporin and only cost $1.
My friend Brittany at http://testosteronetamer.blogspot.com/ showed me this:  http://pinterest.com/pin/119901199/
so now I'm on the hunt for 1 or maybe 2 - wouldn't that be great for hair clips, brushes, detangler spray for a little girls room!

1 comment: