Thursday, August 18, 2011

Donate what you didn't spend today

There are so many families that have crossed my path the last year and most need some kind of help. I only have a little bit to offer, but you know what - that little bit is just a little bit more than they had.
Today I will donate what I didn't spend buying myself a new binder, the one I have is just fine - and the $12 is getting donated to a family adopting 2 little boys from Eastern Europe that have Downs Syndrome and are in an orphanage. The whole time I was drooling over the binder, I just kept thinking about Mandy and her fundraising efforts.Here is the link to her blog:  http://findingourlittleone.blogspot.com
     Last week I mailed 2 $5.00 Target gift cards that I received for purchasing razors! These went to a family who's daughter has SMA - It is small amounts I know, but grandma is on a budget - and just think if 10 of my friends sent the same 2 $5.00 gift cards that cost them nothing - She would have $110 in gift cards.  Today I found out she could use iTunes gift cards. Her daughter watches movies on the Ipad2 - that her parents download from iTunes.  Now I'm hearing some of you say .........Ipad2 ......wow.  SMA - is all I can say.  My niece had that - she lived 4 months.  She could not move - not her fingers, toes, head - only her eyes and her little lips would sometimes form a smile My niece could not swallow so she had a feeding tube and so does this little girl. When I see pictures of my friends baby, I see the love and care that went into her room and the little outfits she looks so cute in - and I think how brave my friend is - because hidden in the background is all the medical equipment necessary to make the baby's life easier. Her mommy does not complain and I think to myself, I complain about packing and carrying the diaper bag - how lame is that! Special chair, special carseat, special oxygen along with the diaper bag ......... (I need to stop complaining)
     This little girl was born - May 5th - the same day as my grandson.  He walks, and climbs, and eats and talks and cries and laughs - This little girl lays on her back on the bed with her head propped and watches the movies.   I hope I have not upset my new friend talking about her but she is a wonderful mom and deserves any break she can get  ............ If you wanna send gift cards - please let me know  <3
     

No comments:

Post a Comment