Thursday, September 8, 2011

Old people coupon also

I was shocked to see how many "old" people were in line at Beall's last weekend. Beall's emailed me a $10 off $10 or more purchase and I went with my daughter to get a "Gator" shirt for watching the game.  Well, I'm old - 57 - but these people were older than me and they had HANDFULLS of the $10 off coupon.  I had printed 1, thinking that was the rule - but some old lady in the 15 people deep line said - honey you need to go copy that coupon - there is a place right across the street.  HMMMM - tempting - then she went on to explain that yesterday the cashiers were letting you use as many $10 off $10 coupons that you had in separate transactions, but "today" they were only letting you do 3 transactions - then you had to go to back of line. She had 9 boxes of K-cup coffee - on sale for $11.99 - she was bragging $1.99 for each.  So let me also tell you there were 3 sets of 2 cashiers and each had lines 15 deep.  I'm always the line stander when we shop on Black Friday, I hold the place in line and my daughter and daughter in law's shop and bring it to me. So I'm standing near the Tervis cups in line and wishing I had the time to go copy some of my coupons - so another line-stander - hears this "old lady" tell me to go copy mine - I said I don't have time to - she says well I used 15 yesterday and this is the last of what I want - so I will give you what is left - WOW ......
she gave me 4 more - so I got out of line and went shopping - I bought a box of sweet southern ice tea K-cups for 1.99 - and a couple infant toys - My daughter bought 2 "Gator" shirts and a pair of "Gator" shorts the shorts were on sale from $40 to $24.99 then $10 more off - the shirts were $20 - on sale for $12 - then $10 more off - When it was our turn at the register - I asked the cashier before I used them if we were allowed to copy and use several coupons and she said yes, all day yesterday they had people with 10 or more holding up the line - so the only rule "today" was only 3 transactions per person then you had to get back in line. Amazing cheap shopping day !

3 comments:

  1. Whoa Gma, that is so awesome! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is this right?!?! I understand "they let you" but still! You are taking Advantage of the system. Think twice next time. I used one per person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I stood in the long line and asked the cashier about using the coupons before I tried using them - even said they say one per person, she said that corporate had been called and asked about the wording - and corporate said it was one per person per coupon and if people wanted to stand in line over and over - it was fine with them - but they wanted it limited to 3 transactions per customer then that customer had to get back in line - corporate was also informed customers were copying - and corporate said they are also buying! And people were calling all their friends to come to "their" store that might never had been there - so word of mouth advertising also -

    ReplyDelete